Payroll Tax Code Changes 2012-2013
|This article is intended as GUIDANCE ONLY. If you have any problems or questions with anything contained in this document, please consult HMRC or your accountant and advise us of any errors or omissions.|
||This article has been replaced and is only included in the Knowledge Base for historic reference only.|
- For help on finding out how up to date your Platinum system is, please click HERE
- If you would like help on updating your current system to the latest version click HERE.
- If you have any questions on the new update please Contact your Platinum dealer or our support team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website support contact page.
As per this year's government guidelines on the HMRC website, all L tax codes have been raised by 63 as of 6th April 2012 (i.e. first payroll period of the new year).
|An Employee with an existing tax code of 747L will now become 810L.|
For further more detailed information please refer to the HMRC website here.
Please note that the corresponding drop in the tax threshold from '£35000' to '£34370' is handled by the programme update that you ran to move from 2011-12 to 2012-13.
Single Tax Code Changes
- To change a single employee's tax code, go to "Payroll" -> "Run Payroll Period".
- Select the correct pay period from the selection, e.g. Monthly or Weekly.
- Press the <Down Arrow> to the employee in question.
- Press <S+F10>.
- Press <PGDN> to get to Page 2 and then amend the "Tax Code:" Field accordingly.
- Press <Esc> and <Accept> to complete the change.
Global Tax Code Changes
|The following instructions should be done BEFORE entering any P9T details. For any employee where you have received and entered a P9T, their tax code MUST be checked and changed to match the form.|
- To change all employees tax codes by a set amount, go to "Payroll" -> "Payroll Parameters\Maintenance" -> "Payroll Parameters" -> "Global Tax Code Changes".
- Select the suffix you wish to change e.g. 'L' and then enter the amount you wish to raise it by in the "Allow." column.
- Press <F2> to view the proposed changes.
- All employees will be tagged as standard. This can be left as is or you can untag certain employees e.g. ones with a P9T form by pressing <T>.
- Press <F2> to finalise the changes and click the [Tagged] or [UnTagged] buttons or press [Cancel] to abort the changes.