Can I add shortcuts to Platinum menus?
This article explains how to add a shortcut to a custom menu.
A "shortcut" is a link to a resource outside of platinum. It could be a document, a spreadsheet or another file type located on this computer or a networked one, or it could be a resource located on the web.
Adding a Shortcut to a Menu
- Follow the Adding options to custom menus instructions and choose the " Shortcuts" option.
Creating a New Shortcut
If the shortcut you want to add to the menu does not exist, you may create it:
- Following the Adding options to custom menus instructions and choosing the " Shortcuts" option, press <Ctrl+F1>.
- Press [Add] or <F6> to begin creating a new shortcut.
- At "Description", enter the description you want to give to the shortcut. This will appear on the menu.
- At "Path/Location", enter the location of the resource you want to link to.
- If the resource is a document on this computer or a networked one, you may use the "..." button to "browse" for the document's location.
- If the resource is a web resource, enter its URL/web address. This is the same as what would be typed and shown in the address bar of an internet browser and be in the format 'https://www.catalyst-uk.com'.
|You should ensure the item you are linking to has no spaces in the name e.g. if linking to a document.|
- Adding options to custom menus
- Why can't a new employee see an existing menu?
- How do I set up a new user?
- Editing custom menus