How do I add items to my ecommerce website?
This article explains how to add stock items to your website.
|This article is only applicable to users who have a Catalyst Platinum O+ ecommerce store. If you are interested in advertising your stock on-line please Contact your Platinum dealer or our sales team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website sales contact page for more information|
Go to " Reports & Settings Maintenance Options Platinum O and Catalyst FindIt Platinum O+ Site Maintenance".
- From here you design how the product pages or categories will be arranged on your website and what stock items will be available in each category.
Adding a New Page or Category
- For the first time using this program an empty new page will automatically be created for you; skip to step 3. Otherwise: Click on the 'Page' heading under which you want to create a new page. The current list of "Pages" is shown on the left of your screen.
- Click [Add] or Press <F6> to create a new page.
- Enter the name of the page in the "Page title" field.
- If you wish to show text at the top of this page enter it into the "Sales text" box.
|You can use HTML tags to enhance the look of this text. Click here to see a list of tags you can use.|
- If you wish to add an image to this page :
- Click the [Media] tab.
- Click the [Add File].
- Choose " Image Files".
- Navigate to the location of your images.
|This location will be remembered for the next time you want to add an image.Always put your images to add to Platinum in one location.|
- Select if you want to [Move] or [Copy] the image (This will be remembered for next time). If you choose [Move], the original photo file will be deleted.
- Choose the image (You can select the Thumbnails option to list the images in this location).
- If you choose not to add an image to this page then it will default to the 'NoImage' image on the website.
- Click [Done] and [Accept] to save this new page into your website configuration.
- If you want to move where this page will appear in your website's navigation select the page from the "Pages" list on the left :
- Click the [Up] or [Down] arrows to change the order of the "Pages".
- Click the [Left] or [Right] arrows to move this page to be a sub-category of another page.
- The indentation of these "Pages" identify if a page is a sub-category of another page.
|If an image is added to a page, this same image will be shown against any items added to the page that does not have an image stored. It is a good idea to add a note to your terms & conditions on your website. |
For more details click here.
Adding Items to a Page
- Select the 'Page' you wish to add items to.
- Click the "Items" tab.
- You can search for the items you wish to add to this page by using any or all of the following options:
- Stock Codes beginning with characters.
- Enter at least the first character of a stock code into the "Code starts with" field and click [Apply] or press <Enter> to search.
- Stock Descriptions containing characters.
- Enter the characters to search for into the "Description contains" field and click [Apply] or press <Enter> to search.
- Items supplied by a specific supplier.
- Enter the supplier's account code or search in the "Supplied by" field and click [Apply] or press <Enter> to search.
- Stock Codes beginning with characters.
- The matching items will be shown in the left-hand list.
- To add an item to the page, select it in the left-hand list then click [->] or press <F6>.
- To add all the listed items to the page, click [>>] or press <Shift+F6>.
- Click [Done] and [Accept] to save the new details into your website configuration.
E-commerce export configuration
If you intend to export the products for E-commerce e.g. exporting to eBay, you may enter specific information per item.
Export headings, created by following this article and allocated the page via the [Attributes] tab, will appear to the right of your screen under the "E-commerce" section.
- To amend the details shown select an item then click [Edit].
- Amend the details per heading shown.
- Click [Done] and [Accept].
|The default value for each heading will be applied unless you specify a value.|
Deleting a Page
- Select the 'Page' from the "Pages" list on the left.
- Click [Remove] or Press <F10>.
- Press [Yes] to delete this page.
Updating your Website
- Click [Done] and [Accept], if required, to save any changes you have made to the current page/category.
- Click the [Upload] button at the top of the window to upload your changes to our data server.
You can view your Platinum O+ website almost straight away, you may have to wait a few moments for the details to appear. If you have a third-party website you may have to wait until its daily "datafeed" update, which usually happens overnight.
Viewing your Website
If you have a Platinum O+ website you can view it by:
- Go to " Reports & Settings Maintenance Options Platinum O and Catalyst FindIt Add or Edit News and Content". This will take you to your on-line control panel.
- From there, click [View My Website].
- How do I setup my carriage charges?
- How do I edit the terms on my ecommerce website?
- How do I configure emails from my ecommerce website?
- How do I set the prices to be used on my ecommerce website?
- How do I configure stock availability on my ecommerce website?
- How do I upload items to eBay?
- How do I add extra information to the e-commerce export?