How do I Assign Stock Codes to my eBay Listings?
In order for your eBay sales to be imported into Platinum with the minimum of effort, it is important that the items sold can be identified by their corresponding Platinum stock codes.
In each of your eBay listings you should enter the Platinum stock code into the:
- "SKU" (Stock Keeping Unit) or
- "Custom Label" fields.
These are not generally available in the basic eBay " Sell an item" interface. Instead you must use one of the many available power selling tools, such as eBay's online Selling Manager Pro. Using such a tool is essential when you have a high number or turnover of eBay sales.
Selling Manager Pro
To assign stock codes in Selling Manager Pro:
- Log in to eBay.
- Go to your Selling Manager Pro console. One way to do this is by hovering above the [Activity] tab and clicking " Selling Manager Pro" from the list.
- Choose your inventory on the left hand side.
- Click on a product.
- At the top, underneath the product name, there is a field called "Custom label (SKU or other unique number)".
- Enter your Platinum stock code here.
- Click [Save] at the bottom and repeat for each product.
|Please note this section is included for reference only. With the impending retirement of eBay's Turbo Lister, you can now choose to export items from your shop to Selling Manager Pro.|
To assign stock codes in list view:
- Click [Edit Mode].
- Enter your Platinum stock codes into the "Custom Label" column.
- Upload your new or amended listings.
If the "Custom Label" column is not there:
- Right-click on the column headings (any column).
- Click " Customize Columns..."
- Look through the list for the "Custom Label" field and make sure it is ticked.
- Click [OK].
To assign stock codes in the " Edit Item" window:
- Go to the [Inventory Information] section towards the bottom of the view.
- Enter your Platinum stock code into the "Custom Label" field.
- If you frequently list the same items, you can find a list of previously used stock codes by clicking the drop-down arrow to the right of the field.
- Click [Save].
If the "Custom Label" field is not there:
- Click [Customise].
- Click [Inventory Information].
- Make sure "Display Custom Label" is ticked.
- Click [OK].
- How do I Upload Items to eBay?
- How do I get my eBay sales in to Platinum?
- Why are my eBay Sales not Appearing in Platinum?
- How are eBay Shipping Costs Imported?
- What should I do when I change my eBay Password?