How do I configure defaults for my online orders?
This article explains how to configure the defaults for online orders created in Platinum.
If you sell on eBay or on an e-commerce website, you can have all of your sales automatically created in Platinum Sales Order Processing, saving you the time and trouble of re-inputting the information and letting you concentrate on the important business of sending goods to your valuable customers. These orders can be created with a set of defaults which you are able to configure.
|Contact your Platinum dealer or our sales team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website sales contact page to set up the eBay link or to get your online orders into Platinum.|
Go to " Reports & Settings Maintenance Options System Administrator Module Settings Sales Ledger Customer References". In here you will see a list of available customer references.
- If you wish to amend the defaults for eBay orders, click on the "eBay" customer reference and click [Edit].
- To edit orders created from your own e-commerce website, click on the "Own Website" and click [Edit].
- Click on the "Settings" tab.
- "Sales Centre" - If you want to analyse all orders created from this source to one sales centre, click on the "Sales Centre" field and enter the appropriate centre or search for the correct centre.
- "Payment Centre" - Enter here the default payment centre for customers and orders created from this source. If you have the system set to create deposits for each order, this will also be the payment centre against which the deposit is created.
- "Create Deposits?" - Set this setting to 'Yes' and Platinum will create deposits against the orders as they are created.
- "Order Type" - Use this drop down to select the default order type for orders from this source. This can be useful if you only want to have to print a delivery note for your web orders whereas your normal customer orders require you to print confirmation notes. Leaving this as 'Default' will let the system create orders with your default order type. For more details on order types see here.
- "Order Depot" - If you are running a multi-depot operation you can have your orders defaulted to a specific depot by entering it here. If this is left blank, orders will be created at your default depot, usually 'STOCK'.
- "Order Status" - Enter here the status you wish to have applied to orders created from this source. This can be useful when searching for orders from the Sales Order Maintenance screen. You can also use the status to colour code your orders, making it easy to see at a glance which are orders from your website, eBay and retail orders. For more details on creating statuses see here.
- "Price Code" - Any customers created from this source can have a price code assigned to them, so that if you create an order manually for one of these customers, it will use this price code instead of the default retail price against items. This will not affect the prices of items on any orders created from this source since this will be defined by the website. For more details on using price codes, see here.