How do I Create a New Task in Tasks Outstanding?
This article explains how to create a new task in your Personnel Planning system.
Tasks Outstanding can be used to record a wide variety of information, such as;
- Messages or questions from customers/suppliers/other staff members.
- Reminders of jobs to be done.
- Notes to yourself.
- Reminders to make telephone calls etc.
Go to " Personnel Planning Tasks Outstanding".
- On the "Employee" field press <F6>.
- Select the task "Type" e.g. 'TEL' for Telephone Call. This field is not mandatory.
|You may add new task types by clicking [Add] from the drop down and entering a code and description.|
- On the "Account" field, select 'S' or 'P' for Sales or Purchase Ledger Accounts, and then enter in the account code, or search for a customer or supplier.
|You may also add a new account at this stage by clicking [Add] when in the search screen. See Creating a new customer or supplier.|
- Enter the "Employee" the task is for. You may use <Ctrl+F1> to search for their employee code. If they are a new employee they must have first been added to the system - see How do I set up a new user?.
- Enter the task details in the "Description" section. If you need more room you may continue typing in the [Notes] tab.
- If you wish to change the date of the task, click into the "Task Date" field and alter accordingly.
- If you wish to set a deadline for when this task needs to be completed by, click into the "Deadline" field and enter the appropriate date
- If you wish to make this task a private task so only the employee it is logged against can see it, place a Tick in the "Private" field.
- Click [Done] and [Accept] to save the task.
|When an employee logs in to Platinum any unread messages will be listed on screen to prompt them to read them.|
- How do I View and Edit Existing Tasks in Personnel Planning?
- How do I make a Private Task?
- How do I Record a Contact Against a Customer/Supplier?
- How do I Set up Task Types?
- How do I Set up a Task Status?
- How do I Set a Deadline on a Task?