How do I Pick Orders using Platinum Online?
This article explains how to use the " Pick Orders" option to pick sales orders from your preferred mobile device.
Viewing the list of sales orders to pick
Log into your Platinum Online account as explained here.
- From the " Sidebar" options, select " Orders Pick Orders".
- This will show you the 50 oldest sales orders that you can currently pick in Platinum, that optionally have the "Ready to Pick Status" sales order picking setting.
- The list of orders is sorted into the order of:
- Locked status, unlocked orders first, then
- Date, oldest first, then
- Order number, lowest first.
- Locked orders are displayed at the bottom of the page with a locked icon.
- Orders that are not fully pickable (due to one or more items on the order not being in stock) are displayed in a light orange colour. If none of the items on an order are in stock and the "Skip Items out of Stock" setting is set to 'Y' in your sales order picking setting , then that order will not be shown.
|To view orders for a specific account, select the account in the drop-down at the top of the page.|
|To view orders printed on a particular picking list from desktop Platinum, you can enter the picking list number at the top of the page, then press [Search].|
|The list of orders is only fetched from Platinum when you first select the " Pick Orders" option from the sidebar, and therefore may not show the most up-to-date information. To get the latest orders from Platinum, press the [Refresh] button at the bottom of the page. This will also clear the Account and/or Picking list you have selected, and show all eligible orders.|
Viewing the picking list for an order
Selecting an order from the list of sales orders will take you to the picking list for that order. This will also lock the order to you; no one else will be able to view or pick that order until you return to the list of sales orders. To pick an item on the order, either:
- Scan or type a barcode for the item you want to pick on the order in the "Stock Code" field, and press [Find Item].
- Alternatively, simply select the item you want to pick from the list.
|The items in the picking list are sorted according to the "Picking List Order" and "Ascending/Descending" sales order picking settings, which can be set to sort by stock code (S), location (L) or weight (W) and ascending (A) or descending (D) respectively.|
|Items that are not fully-in-stock will not be shown in the picking list if the "Skip Items out of Stock" setting is set to 'Y' in your sales order picking settings.|
Picking an item
After you have selected an item to pick from the picking list you can start to pick those items. This can be accomplished in a number of ways:
- As on the previous page ("Picking List"), you can scan or type a barcode for the item you are picking in the "Stock Code" field, and press [Scan] to pick one of those items. The quantity picked will increase by one every time you scan an item; or
- Press the [-] and [+] buttons to increase or decrease the quantity picked by one each time; or
- Press the [All] button to pick the total quantity of the current item on the order; or
- Alternatively, or for finer grained control over the quantity picked, simply tap or click the number in the "Quantity Picked" field and type the quantity you have picked.
If the item is batched, select the batch you are picking the item from the drop-down provided.
If you have created Pick Bins in Platinum, you may also select the Bin these items are being picked into.
This setting will apply to all items picked until you choose a new Bin.
|You must have created your pick bin codes in Platinum to be able to select them in Platinum Online.|
Once you have finished picking the item, select the [Item Done] button at the bottom of the page. If you picked exactly the number of items on the order the form will be submitted and you will be taken back to the "Picking List".
- If you have picked fewer items than are on the order (or what you have in stock, if fewer), you will be asked to confirm that you have finished picking the current item.
- If you have picked more items than on the order, you will be warned of this and must put the extra items back and amend the "Quantity Picked" before you can continue.
Finishing picking all items for an order
Once you have finished picking all items for an order, press the [Order Done] button at the bottom of the "Picking List" page. If you have picked all of the items on the order, you will be taken back to the list of sales orders. If there are items remaining on the picking list, you will be warned that items remain on the order and asked to confirm that you have finished picking this order.
If you did not pick all of the items in the picking list, or the quantity picked for an item was less than what is on the order (or what you have in stock, if less), then the order will be marked with the "Picking Problem Status" set in your sales order picking settings. Otherwise the order will be marked with the "Picked Status" set in your sales order picking settings.
- How do I connect to my Platinum Online?
- How do I set or change my Platinum Online Password?
- How do I set up a new user?
- Processing a Sales Order