How do I Search for a Sales Order?
The following article explains how to search for a sales order.
|This process can also be followed when searching for a purchase order in the Purchase Order Processing module.|
- From the "Customer:" field, press <F9> or the [Advanced] button.
- The "Order Search" window is shown, and you can find the order that you want using any one or combination of the fields shown.
|Be selective about the fields that you use - you do not have to fill in every single one here! For example, entering a date range of when the order was placed might be your best search option. In this instance, only enter a 'From Order Date:' and a 'To Order Date:', and leave the rest of the fields blank.|
- "Deposit Receipt:" If you took a deposit from the customer and they have the deposit receipt, you can use the receipt number to search for the order.
- "Status:" Use this field to find all orders of a particular status.
- "Reference:" All Sales Orders are badged with a reference. Use this to search.
- "Your Order No.:" Enter the Order Number for which to search.
- "Their Order No.:" Enter the Customer's Order Number for which to search.
- "From Order Date:" If you know roughly when the order was placed, enter the earliest date here.
- "To Order Date:" As with "From Order Date:", enter the latest date here.
- "Account:" Enter the customer for whom to search.
- Press <F2> to search for the order.
- The relevant orders will be shown. Edit or process it as normal.
|You can also refine your search using details about the items on the orders. Click on the [Item Filter] tab at the top of the window, and choose the items that you want to use from the ranges shown. As with the [Order Search] fields, you do not need to use all of these items - be selective!|
OP98, PO01, SO01