How do I add news to my website?
Websites and eCommerce users can manage their online news content using an option in Platinum.
Managing your online news content
- In Platinum, go to " Reports & Settings Maintenance Options Online Control Panel". This will take you to your online control panel.
- Click the [Edit My News] button.
- If you have not entered news before you will be taken straight to the "Add New Article" page, otherwise your existing articles will be listed:
- To add a new article, click the Add new article link.
- To amend or remove an existing article, click the Edit or Delete links next to the article.
Adding or amending a news article
- In "Title" type a short title or headline for the article. For Platinum Online users with a website, these are usually shown on the home page.
- In "Summary" type a summary of the article. This is also usually shown on your home page, and is also shown on your "Virtual Showroom" screen-saver.
- In "Content" type the full content of the article. When the title of a news article is clicked the full content will be shown in its own page.
- Click [Update] when you are done.
|The Summary is shown on your "Virtual Showroom" screen-saver at a larger size.|
|You can have an article appear on your website only, or screen-saver only, by ticking and clearing the boxes below Content as appropriate.|
Before using the " Online Control Panel" option for the first time, you must set up a password:
- Contact your Platinum dealer or our support team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website support contact page to arrange your password.
- In Platinum go to " Reports & Settings Maintenance Options System Administrator Platinum Settings".
- Enter your "Platinum Online Account" and "Password" as appropriate.
For more information about expanding your online presence with Platinum Online. Contact your Platinum dealer or our sales team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website sales contact page for details.