How do I change the method of payment after it has been posted?
This article explains how to amend the centre a payment has been posted to e.g. Cash, Cheque or Credit Card.
Occasionally a payment may be allocated to the wrong payment method e.g. Cash instead of Card. This usually shows up when balancing the daily takings report to the till.
This procedure allows you to correct these mistakes.
|The ability to edit transactions is limited to users with the "Adjust transactions" user permission set to 'Yes'. You can find out how to set user permissions here.|
- At "Account:" enter the code of the customer or supplier account.
- Highlight the transaction you want to correct on the list.
- Press [Edit] or <Ctrl+F2> to edit the transaction.
- Amend the centre then click [Done] and [Accept].
- You can also edit these fields:
- "Cleardown Hold:"
|This option is only allowed if the transactions have not been processed through a month end.|
- How do I reverse a payment on the sales ledger?
- How do I adjust the centre on a transaction?
- How do I reverse a Payment to a Supplier?
- How do I adjust the date on a transaction?
- How do I create new methods of payment?