How do I copy a unit?
The following article explains how to copy a unit record.
|Units: Unit is a general term used to cover all types of vehicle and machinery, including items such as motorcycles, scooters, cars, trucks, vans, caravans, motorhomes, boats, tractors, ATVs, agricultural equipment, wholegoods and construction equipment.|
If you sell a unit and then take it back in part exchange, you will need to create a new stock number for the unit, but many of the details will be the same. The basic details from the original stock record can be copied onto the new record to save keying errors and time.
Go to " Unit Sales Add/Edit Units".
- Press <F6> or click <Add> to create a new unit record.
- Press <F2> to get the next stock number automatically.
- Press <Ctrl+F10> to bring up the Copy Unit dialogue box.
- Type in the stock number of the unit you wish to copy, or press <Ctrl+F1> to search for it.
- At the "Please Confirm" window, press [Yes] to load the chosen unit.
- You can now continue to create the unit as normal.