How do I create a new print record?
The following article explains how to create a new print record in Platinum.
This is useful, for example, if you want to print to a different printer from certain parts of Platinum. For example, all unit sales documents want to print to a colour printer, but parts and workshop documents should go to another printer.
- Press <Alt+P> from anywhere within Platinum to open the "Print Record Override" window.
- Press <Ctrl+F1> to open the "Print Record Search".
- There are two ways of creating a new print record, you may copy an existing record (the easier way) by pressing <F9> or the [Copy] button or you can create an entirely new blank record by pressing <F6> or the [Add] button.
- If you choose [Copy], Platinum will then prompt you to choose the record to base the new one on. Enter '01' to choose the record of your "default Windows printer" or any other you want to copy from and then press [Choose].
- The "Printer Parameters" window will now open with a complete copy of this record.
- Amend the "Record Name" with a relevant description for the new print record. For example, 'Unit Sales Documents' would be a sensible name.
- On the "Device" tab, enter the name of the printer you want to print to for the "Default Print Device:".
- See "Selecting Printers" for information about setting printer names.
- How do I select different Windows printers?
- Setting up PDF printing
- How do I print to the Windows default printer?
- How do I create a landscape print record?