How do I create a sales or purchase centre?
Creating a New Centre
- Press [Add] to create your new centre.
- At "Centre:", enter the new code you wish to create.
- You can use <Alt+F1> to use the next available centre.
- At "Description:", enter a suitable description for the centre.
- At "Revenue type:", enter a shorthand description of this code.
- This will be used for creating new nominal codes automatically that are related to this sales\purchase centre.
- At "Nominal Centre:", type the Nominal Code to which you wish to link.
- If you do not have a nominal centre created already you can enter the number and press <Shift+F10> to create one.
- See How do I create a nominal code?.
- Details - Cost of Sales
|Please ensure you understand how the cost of sales works and is switched on before entering a cost of sale or work in progress centre.|
- You can allocate attributes to your centre for detailed reporting.
- Enter any notes you wish to store against this centre.
Once you have entered all your centre details press [Done] and <Accept> your new centre.
Copying an Existing Centre
- At "Search on:" find the centre you want to copy with [Search] or [List].
- Press [Copy] to copy your selected centre.
- The next available number will be generated but you may over type this with a number of your choice if you wish.
|Please note you may not choose a centre which is already in use as you cannot merge centre details.|
- All details will be copied.
- Amend the "Description" and any other details to suit.
- Click [Done] and <Accept>.
- What is a sales or purchase centre?
- How do I create a nominal code?
- Stock integration to the nominal ledger