How do I send an SMS Message from Platinum?
- 1 Summary
- 2 More Information
- 3 See also
This article will explain how to set up SMS messaging on your Platinum system to enable you to send messages to your customers, prospects, suppliers or anyone for that matter.
Is SMS messaging already set up on my system?
To find out if SMS messaging is already set up on your system, follow the instructions found here.
Setting Up SMS Messaging
If you do not have SMS messaging set up on the system, Contact your Platinum dealer or our sales team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website sales contact page to have this feature enabled on your system.
Sending an SMS Message
Once SMS messaging has been set up on your system, you can start sending messages. SMS messaging is available from anywhere in the Platinum system.
To send a message:
- Click on " Messages" on the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Choose the " SMS Messaging" option to popup the " Send SMS" window.
- At "Number" enter the mobile phone number of the person you want to receive the SMS message.
- At "From", if desired, enter up to eleven characters that will appear on the receiver's mobile phone as who the message is from.
- At "Notes" type the message you want to send to the recipient. Remember to keep an eye on the length of the message to avoid going over the limit of a single SMS message and being charged for two.
- Once you have finished typing the message, press [Send] or <F2> to send the message.
|If you have run out of SMS credits, follow the instructions on how to buy more here.|
|The " Send SMS" popup can automatically pick up the mobile phone number if you are looking at something in the system linked to a customer, supplier or prospect that has a mobile phone number entered in the system. For example:
I want to send my message to more than one recipient
If this is you, follow these instructions on how to turn your message into a bulk message allowing you to send the message to many recipients at once.
I often find myself sending out the same message
If this is you, follow these instructions on how turn your message into a standard message to save time.
I want to change the default 'From' name/number
- To change the default text that appears in the 'From' field you will need to amend the setting in your SMS Print Record.
- Press <Alt+P> from anywhere within Platinum to open the "Print Record Override" window.
- Press <Ctrl+F1> to open the "Print Record Search".
- Click [Search].
- Highlight the 'SMS' print record and click [Edit].
- Go to the "Def. Sender" box and alter the text in here. You may enter a maximum of 11 characters here.
- Click [Done] and [Accept].
|If you are running a multi-site system you may need to check the "SMS Sender" set in the site parameters. This will override the "Def Sender" set on the print record.|
Go to " Reports & Settings Maintenance Options System Administrator Add or Edit Sites".
- Press <F1> to scroll through your sites.
- Press <Enter> then click on the "SMS Sender" field.
- Enter the text or number to be displayed on messages sent from this site.
- Press <Esc> and <Accept> to save the amendment.
- How do I send a standard SMS message from Platinum?
- How do I check details of SMS Messages sent?
- Troubleshooting SMS messaging
- How do I filter out customers I don't want to contact?
- How do I send bulk email messages?
- Getting started - Retention Centre