How do I send an email from Platinum?
You can send an email message to single or multiple customers using Platinum's messaging feature.
To send an email from within Platinum:
- Click on "Messages" on the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click on "Email" on the drop down menu.
|Installation - If the "Email" option does not appear this means you are not set up to send Email messages on your system. Contact your Platinum dealer or our support team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website support contact page to get this feature installed.|
- In the "From" field, it should already have your email address entered.
|If you don't want to be filling in the from address every time, you can attach your email address to your user and how this popup automatically. See here for more details|
- In the "To" field, enter the email address to which you are sending the message.
|If you have entered the Email option from within a customer or supplier account, or from within a window that has an account field, the "To" field should already be filled in with the email address from the account.|
|If you want to send the email to more then one person, click the [Bulk Messaging] Tick box. For more detailed help on bulk messaging see here.|
- In the "Subject" field, enter the subject of your email.
- If you want to put images on your email, use the "Top image" and "Bottom" drop down list to select an image to include. The top image will appear at the very top of your email before the message content and the bottom image will appear at the very bottom after your email content.
- In the "Message" field, enter the text of your email.
- Click [Send].
Setting a Default Subject
It is possible to set a default subject on emails sent from Platinum.
- Press <Alt+P> from anywhere in Platinum.
- Press <Ctrl+F1> to open the Print Record Search window.
- Press [Search] and then select the Email print record.
- Press [Edit] to open the Printer Record Properties.
- Select the "Def. subject" field.
- Enter the default subject for your emails.
- Click [Done] and [Accept].
- How do I send bulk email messages?
- How do I include images in emails?
- How do I Assign an Email Address to a User?
- How do I filter out customers I don't want to contact?
- How do I send an SMS Message from Platinum?
- Getting started - Retention Centre