How do I send bulk SMS messages?
You can send an SMS message to multiple customers using the bulk messaging feature in Platinum.
You may send a single SMS message to many recipients easily by choosing to send it as a bulk message.
Sending a bulk SMS message
- Click on Messages on the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click on SMS Messaging on the drop down menu.
|Installation - If the SMS Messaging option does not appear this means you are not set up yet to send SMS messages on your system. Contact your Platinum dealer or our sales team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website sales contact page to have your SMS account set up.|
- Tick the box labelled "Bulk message".
You will then be required to select how you would like Platinum to find the mobile phone numbers to send the message to; there are three options. The number of mobile numbers found for each method is shown in the column "Message count".
- Text file
- This will send the message to mobile phone numbers found in a text file called 'sms.txt' in your Platinum data folder (usually 'SXCo1'). You could create this file from the Report Generator, one mobile number per line, or it may appear after a previous incomplete bulk message job.
- Marked accounts
- This will send the message to customers who have a mobile phone number and have the 'SMS message' attribute set (except those who have the 'SMS message exclusion' or 'Message exclusion' attributes set).
- All customers
- This will send the message to all customers who have a mobile phone number (except those who have the 'SMS message exclusion' or 'Message exclusion' attributes set).
- All prospects
- This will send the message to all prospects who have an email address. This is available only if you have the Sales Prospecting module installed.
What is the tidy up option?
You may choose to turn "Tidy" on and off when sending messages from the text file or from marked accounts.
- Text file
- If a tick is placed in this box, mobile phone numbers will be deleted from the text file as the message is sent to each number.
- Marked accounts
- If a tick is placed in this box, the 'SMS message' attribute will be removed from the customers as the message is sent to each number.
Sending the message
When you have typed your message and chosen your source of mobile numbers, click [Send]. Platinum will now send the message to each mobile number in turn.
|A Standard SMS Message is 160 Characters long, so if the message you wish to send is more than 160 characters the system will use more than one message credit to send the required text. A warning will appear in the bottom left of the messaging box once the message goes over this number of characters and tells you how many characters your message is using, thus allowing you to trim the message down if required.|
What if I don't have enough SMS credits?
This does not matter. Platinum will continue to send messages until all the credits are used up. You will then be given the option to save the current message. If you choose [Yes], Platinum will save the message as well as the customers yet to receive it. The next time you use "SMS Messaging" you will be asked whether you want to continue the bulk message; select [Yes] and then choose to send from the text file to complete this job.
- How do I send a standard SMS message from Platinum?
- Troubleshooting SMS messaging
- How do I assign attributes to a customer or supplier?
- How do I check how many SMS credits I have left?
- How do I check details of SMS Messages sent?
- How do I send bulk email messages?
- Getting started - Retention Centre
- Contact Catalyst