How do I set up buying groups?
This article explains how to specify the buying group to which a customer invoice should be issued.
|Please note: The facility to produce an invoice for a Buying Group is currently implemented in the Sales Order Processing and Workshop systems. It is not available for the Stock Control or Unit Sales systems.|
Find the customer to link to the buying group account.
- [Edit] the customer record.
- Select the [Invoicing] tab.
- At the bottom of the page enter the buying group "Account" code in the Invoice override section.
- Enter a "Reference" for the group if you wish e.g. the reference the buying group hold for your account. This may be up to 15 characters.
- Click [Done] and [Accept].
If you wish to apply automatic discounts to customer invoices, these must be applied to the customer account rather than the buying group account.
See this article for how to set a customer discount structure.
You may still apply one off discounts by item when you create the order or workshop job.
- Creating a new customer or supplier
- Do I have to remember all these customer and supplier codes?
- How do I use buying groups?