This article explains how make a payment to a Supplier.
Go to " Purchase Ledger Payments".
- At "Supplier:" type in the supplier's account code if known, or search for a supplier.
- Select the document you want to pay.
- Press <F> to pay the amount in full.
- If you are not paying the whole amount enter the amount you are paying.
- Move across the screen to the discount column, to apply any discounts you are receiving. If any documents have a settlement available you can press <S> and the settlement amount will be calculated for you.
- Press [Done] to enter the payment details. Make sure the date is correct i.e. the date you received payment or the date of the cheque you are issuing.
- At "Cheque no./Comment" enter the cheque number or a comment e.g. 'CASH', 'VISA', 'ALLOCATED' (if you are taking a credit against an invoice).
- Make sure the payment centre is correct, When paying cheques out the centre should usually be 'Z992' - "Bank Account".
- If you have taken a settlement discount select 'Adjustment' to allow the system to post the amount of discount taken for you. If your supplier will send you a credit note for the discount taken select 'Credit Note'.
- Select [Done].
- You may choose to print a remittance at this stage by selecting the [Remittance] button.
- Select [Accept] and the "Payment" is complete.
|To pay multiple suppliers in one payment run please see How do I authorise and make bulk supplier payments?.|
- How do I find a supplier?
- How do I change the method of payment after it has been posted?
- How do I reverse a Payment to a Supplier?
- Posting payments received
- How do I Allocate a Payment to a Credit Note?
- How do I deal with contras?
- How do I authorise and make bulk supplier payments?