What does an item's status mean in Customer Order Enquiry?
This article explains the meaning of the various statuses which may be shown against an order item in the " Customer Order Enquiry" option.
The " Customer Order Enquiry" option allows you to check on the progress of a sales order and any associated purchase orders using the attached reference. Each item found by the program is shown with a "Status" in the rightmost column indicating what stage of the ordering process it has reached.
- A sales order item which has been fully processed and invoiced.
- A sales order item which has been processed to the point of printing a delivery note.
- A sales order item which has been processed to the point of completion.
- A purchase order item for this reference has been received into stock.
- 'Partly Arrived'
- More than one purchase order item for the same stock code has been found, at least one of which has been received, and at least one of which has not.
- A purchase order item has been received into stock, but your stock quantity at this depot is still insufficient to cover the sales order quantity.
- 'Special Order'
- A purchase order with the specified reference has been found which has not yet been received.
- 'On Order'
- An purchase order has been found for the item but it is not tied to a specific reference.
- 'NOT Stocked!'
- This item has not been stocked at this depot before, and no purchase order has yet been created.
- 'In Stock!'
- You currently have sufficient stock at the depot concerned to cover the quantity on sales order.
- 'Out of Stock!'
- You do not currently have sufficient stock at the depot concerned to cover the quantity on sales order.
- Dealing with backorders in point of sale
- Selling parts over the counter
- How do I check customer order status?
- How do I Order Parts for a Customer?