Agreement Configuration - Booking & Hire Document
The Platinum System " Booking & Hire" allows the layout of your booking agreements to be configured to print the details you require. This is done using a system of "tokens" which represent the items you wish to print, and their positions on the document.
Tokens are indicated by the character '~' followed by a number (the token identifier).
These identifiers may be up to 3 digits in length in the range 1 to 999. Tokens each have specific uses, which are listed below.
Some tokens may also be given parameters. The number of parameters vary for each token. To specify a token with parameters the token must be followed by a comma then parameter. Each parameter is similarly divided from the next by a comma (no terminating comma is required).
For the purposes of configuration, the document layouts are divided into 3 main areas: "Headings", "Body" & "Footings".
Area tokens are used on booking agreements that are designed to show more than one hired item on the same document.
Some booking agreement documents are designed to only show one item. This is common when used for hiring units. For these documents, area tokens should not be used.
|~100||Configuration Section Start|
|~199||Configuration Section End|
|~200||Heading Block (First Page) Start|
|~299||Heading Block (First Page) End|
|~300||Heading Block (Continuation) Start|
|~399||Heading Block (Continuation) End|
|~400||Footing Block (Continuation) Start|
|~499||Footing Block (Continuation) End|
|~500||Footing Block (Last Page) Start|
|~599||Footing Block (Last Page) End|
|~600||Body Block Start|
|~699||Body Block End|
These can appear in either Headings or Footings.
(30 characters)Account Name
(30 characters)Account Address Line
(6 characters)Account Code
|~4,n||Telephone Number/Email Address
(15 characters)Fax Number
|~6,n,m||Account Notes Line
(3 characters)Page Number
(8 characters)Booking Number
(40 characters)Company Name
(50 characters)Company Address
(one line)Heading Line
(one line)Footing Line
(8 characters)User/Group Name
(30 characters)Booking Reference
|~235,n||Account Date of Birth
'~6nn,1,2,3,"4",5,6,"7"' where '~6nn' represents an item, described below, which you wish to be printed in the document body.
All have up to seven parameters :-
- Parm 1 - 'n'
- Column Position across from the left of the page.
- Parm 2 - 'm'
- Unused. (Used by other Systems, but should be set to '0' here if a third parameter is used).
- Parm 3 - 'l'
- Varies by Token. If not used, and parm 4 or above are needed, should be skipped by placing the commas next to each other. i.e. ~6nn,1,2,,"4",5.
- Generally, for numeric tokens, which print by default to two decimal places.
- '0' - Quantity : Trailing Zeroes are Stripped off. Currency : Zero figures are not printed.
- '1' - Quantity : Trailing Zeroes are NOT Stripped. Currency : Zero figures are printed.
- '2' - As '0', but allow 3 decimal places.
- '3' - As '1', but allow 3 decimal places.
- Parm 4 - 'x'
- Optional. Varies by token. If used should be contained in quotes. If not used and parm 5 or above required, should be skipped in the same way as parm 3. i.e. ~6nn,1,2,3,,5
- Parm 5 - 'k'
- Column, when '~105' is used. See above. Up to 10 columns are allowed, limited by the "col" parameter after '~105'. If the body token is to refer to the line total, or main text item, then this parameter should be '0' (the default). If it is to refer to the value for a specific column then it should be given the value 1 - 10.
- Parm 6 - 'j'
- Varies by Token. If not used, and parms 7 or above are needed, should be skipped by placing the commas next to each other. i.e. ~6nn,1,2,3,"4",5,,"7".
- Parm 7 - 'w'
- Optional. Varies by token. If used should be contained in quotes.
These body tokens can also be used as general tokens for booking agreements designed to only show one item. When using these tokens for such documents, ignore parameters 1 & 2 and give the optional 3rd parameter as the 1st parameter where appropriate.
(10 characters)Item Quantity
(10 characters)Unit Price
(10 characters)Tax Amount
(10 characters)Amount after Tax
(1 character)Tax Band
(15 characters)Stock Code/Unit Model
(40 characters)Stock Description / Unit Description
(30 characters)Hire Item Name
(3 characters)Unit Manufacturer Code
(30 characters)Unit Manufacturer Description
(10 characters)Unit Registration
(8 characters)Unit Stock Number
(15 characters)Unit Colour
(8 characters)Unit Mileage
(60 characters)Price description
Print Style Tokens
The following print style codes must have 3 spaces after them as these codes always 6 characters wide.
(6 characters)Double Strike On
(6 characters)Double Strike Off
(6 characters)Paper Forward
(6 characters)Paper Backward
(up to 32 characters)Insert print style
This print style code doesn't need any spaces after it as it will the width of the print code to insert.