Maximum length of viewable report reached.
This article will explain what you can do when you have a report that shows the "!!Maximum length of viewable report reached!!" message at the bottom.
If you have a report that is configured to go to screen and the report contains a lot of data, you may end up with part of the data showing and a message at the bottom stating "!!Maximum length of viewable report reached!!". This is because the report has gathered more than 5000 lines of information, and this number has been chosen because of limitations in the viewing capabilities of Windows.
To view the remaining data you will need to:
- Either, Print to a file by pressing <Alt+P> and selecting Print Record '98'. If you do not have a print record '98', please click here for more details on setting up a Print Record.
You can then edit the Print Record and view the file created.
- Or, Print to a PDF printer by pressing <Alt+P>, then pressing <Ctrl+F1> and typing 'PDF' in the "Filter on:" and clicking [Search]. Select your PDF printer in the list and click [Choose]. If you do not have a print record for 'PDF Printing' please click here for more details on setting up a Print Record.
You will then have the data from the report shown in a PDF document for your viewing pleasure!
- Getting started - Report Generator
- How do I setup printing to PDF?
- How do I send a printout to a file?
- How do I select different Windows printers?