Sharing Diagnostics and Usage Information with Catalyst
- The state of Desktop Platinum at a 'Run-Time Event' or filing system error.
- Program/Module usage.
- Benchmark Performance Statistics.
|No database information (Customers, Stock, Financials etc) is shared beyond any information that was being used at the time of the crash event.|
For openness, the information that is shared can be viewed in the following logs stored on your Platinum System detailed below:
These logs are used by our support team when giving assistance to customers with a current rental or software maintenance agreement after a Platinum Crash.
- Via a secure connection to our updates server when your Platinum confirms license details.
You may enable (default) or disable the sharing of the above information with Catalyst at any time by :
- Click here to download the Platinum update file ('Platwin.exe').
- Double click on 'Platwin.exe' that has been downloaded.
- When the message appears asking if you want to run the software, click [Run].
- A screen should appear saying "Welcome to the Platinum Setup Wizard".
- Click the [No] button as you do not want to update Platinum.
- The next screen will present you with a number of options.
- Click the □ next to "Amend Platinum installation details".
- Click the [Next>] button until you arrive at the page asking you if you wish to share information with Catalyst.
- Choose 'No' if you do not want any information shared with Catalyst.
- Choose 'Yes' if you want share information with Catalyst.
- Click the [Next>] button until you arrive at the 'Installation Summary' page and click on [Install].
- Click [Close] to close the installation program.
- Your new sharing setting is now saved.
|Important: The above procedure should be followed for each dataset (Company) whose sharing status you want to change.|