Using the BMW EPC with Platinum
The following article explains how to transfer parts from BMW EPC into Platinum.
If this facility is not already set up for you, Contact your Platinum dealer or our sales team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website sales contact page.
BMW EPC Operation
- In the ETK Software, locate the relevant parts diagram for the bike you want.
- Click the [i] icon to the left of part numbers to bring up a window that contains live price and quantity information from Platinum.
- Clicking [Data alignment] on a parts list will fetch price and quantity information from Platinum for all the parts in the list.
|However that this first prompts you for a "Customer" or "Order Number" to send to Platinum. Platinum does not use this information, but the BMW EPC will not let you continue unless you type something.|
- Go to " Parts List Send parts list to DMS as garage order". This will export the parts list to a file that can be imported into Platinum in " Stock Invoicing", "" Order Processing", etc. using the [Add pre-built list] button. Once again, you are asked for a "Job Number" and "Editor", which Platinum does not use, but you cannot continue until you type something.
- Using the [Send to DMS] button on an Urgent Order or Stock Order will also export the parts list in the same way as above.
Having selected your parts and saved them into a file in the configured location, you can now import these parts into Platinum.
The import of the items can be done from any point in Platinum where you are adding Stock Codes, and the same method is used in all places.
This example uses Workshop to explain how it is done.
- Go to " Workshop Workshop Diary".
- Search for a relevant workshop job.
- Select the [Invoice Items] tab.
- Click [Add].
|At this point, the system is waiting for you to enter a "Stock Code", so it is from this point onwards that the import is the same wherever you are in Platinum.|
- Press <Alt+F6> - Add Pre-Built List. The items saved in the file will be loaded.
- If you have not stocked any of the items previously, you will see the Shadow File pop-up. Copy the items as usual.
- Check that the items loaded are correct.
Once you have successfully imported the file, it will be deleted to avoid you importing the items twice!