Using the Honda EPC with Platinum
This article explains how to transfer parts from the Honda EPC into Platinum.
Go to " Reports & Settings Maintenance Options System Administrator Platinum Settings"
- Enter 'Honda' in "Search on:"
- There are two settings to configure to specify the location of the EPC's output file.
- The "Import path" is the folder that Platinum will look in for the EPC's output file, 'C:\Honda'.
- The "Import file" is the name of the file Platinum will look for inside the "Import path" set above, 'DMSPARTS.txt'.
|The EPC's output file will need to be in the same place on each machine that is using the link e.g. 'C:\Honda\DMSPARTS.txt'|
Honda EPC Operation
Once you have chosen your part or parts from the Honda EPC, there are various areas within Platinum that you can import directly into:
If this facility is not already set up for you, Contact your Platinum dealer or our sales team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website sales contact page.
Once you have logged into the Honda WebEPC Portal:
Go to " Aftersales WebEPC MC" which will open a new window.
- Search for the relevant part numbers and add them to the Shopping List or a Quotation.
- Continue adding any relevant parts until you have your required items.
- On either the Shopping List or Quotation page, click the [Export DMS] button.
- This should then prompt you to save the parts list in the Platinum link folder.
- Save the file to 'C:\Honda' and give it a filename of 'DMSPARTS.TXT'.
See the loading your parts list article to load your parts list into your invoice.
Having selected your parts and saved them into a file in the configured location, you can now import these parts into Platinum.
The import of the items can be done from any point in Platinum where you are adding Stock Codes, and the same method is used in all places.
This example uses Workshop to explain how it is done.
- Go to " Workshop Workshop Diary".
- Search for a relevant workshop job.
- Select the [Invoice Items] tab.
- Click [Add].
|At this point, the system is waiting for you to enter a "Stock Code", so it is from this point onwards that the import is the same wherever you are in Platinum.|
- Press <Alt+F6> - Add Pre-Built List. The items saved in the file will be loaded.
- If you have not stocked any of the items previously, you will see the Shadow File pop-up. Copy the items as usual.
- Check that the items loaded are correct.
Once you have successfully imported the file, it will be deleted to avoid you importing the items twice!