Using the Kawasaki EPC with Platinum
This article explains how to transfer parts from the Kawasaki EPC into Platinum.
Go to " Reports & Settings Maintenance Options System Administrator Platinum Settings"
- Enter 'Kawasaki' in "Search on:"
- There are two settings to configure to specify the location of the EPC's output file.
- The "Import path" is the folder that Platinum will look in for the EPC's output file, 'C:\Kawasaki'.
- The "Import file" is the name of the file Platinum will look for inside the "Import path" set above, 'basket.txt'.
|The EPC's output file will need to be in the same place on each machine that is using the link e.g. 'C:\Kawasaki\basket.txt'|
Kawasaki EPC Operation
Once logged into the Kawasaki EPC:
- Click on [Parts Cat] in the top right hand panel.
- Select the "Kawasaki Category" type (i.e. Motorcycle, Offroad, ATV and Quad, Mule...).
- Select the vehicle model using the following options or search on it:
- "Nickname:", "Year:", "Model Code:", "V.I.N.:", "Engine:", "Colour:", "Country:".
|Using any criteria will then restrict options of other search criteria, also if you do not select a colour, prices may not appear against the parts.|
A new window now opens up showing an exploded view of all the part sections.
- Select the relevant section of the vehicle to list the parts available and to see the exploded view in more detail.
- Either click on the basket icon next to the part on the right section of the screen to add it to the basket or right click on the part on the exploded image, to bring up more information about that part and add multiple quantities to the basket.
- Continue adding any relevant parts until you have your required order.
- Now click the [Basket icon] at the top of the screen to see the items in the basket.
- Now click [Download].
- This brings up a pop-up link stating: "Click here to open/download file".
- Click on this link and a new window now opens up showing all the parts you have added to the basket. Save the file as 'basket.txt' in 'C:\Kawasaki'.
|In Internet Explorer click the [Tools] icon, and go to " File Save as...".
In Firefox click " Firefox Save Page As...".In Chrome right-click go to " Save as...".
Having selected your parts and saved them into a file in the configured location, you can now import these parts into Platinum.
The import of the items can be done from any point in Platinum where you are adding Stock Codes, and the same method is used in all places.
This example uses Workshop to explain how it is done.
- Go to " Workshop Workshop Diary".
- Search for a relevant workshop job.
- Select the [Invoice Items] tab.
- Click [Add].
|At this point, the system is waiting for you to enter a "Stock Code", so it is from this point onwards that the import is the same wherever you are in Platinum.|
- Press <Alt+F6> - Add Pre-Built List. The items saved in the file will be loaded.
- If you have not stocked any of the items previously, you will see the Shadow File pop-up. Copy the items as usual.
- Check that the items loaded are correct.
Once you have successfully imported the file, it will be deleted to avoid you importing the items twice!