Using the Suzuki EPC with Platinum
This article explains how to use the Suzuki EPC to check your stock, prices and locations of items that you choose and how to transfer parts directly into Platinum.
If this facility is not already set up for you, Contact your Platinum dealer or our sales team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website sales contact page.
Suzuki Portal Operation
- Log into the Suzuki Portal using your normal Suzuki supplied details:
- When viewing parts diagrams, Right click a part in the right-hand list and choose "More Information" to pop up a window containing:
- "Connection Name"
- The Stock Depot this information is from. (If there are multiple stock depots stocking this part then they will all be listed.)
- "Dealer Price"
- Platinum sends the cost price.
- "Retail Price"
- Platinum sends the retail price excluding VAT for this price.
- "Customer Price"
- Platinum sends the retail price including VAT for this price.
- "Bin Location"
- Platinum sends the Stock Location at the Depot.
- "Quantity on Hand"
- Platinum sends the Stock Quantity at the Depot.
- Right click a part in a Pick List and you have the same option of "More Information".
- Click the [Send] button below the Pick List which exports the list of parts to a file ready to be picked up by Platinum.
- Once you have chosen your parts and sent them to file, there are various areas within Platinum into which you can import directly.
- Minimise or close the Suzuki portal window.
Having selected your parts and saved them into a file in the configured location, you can now import these parts into Platinum.
The import of the items can be done from any point in Platinum where you are adding Stock Codes, and the same method is used in all places.
This example uses Workshop to explain how it is done.
- Go to " Workshop Workshop Diary".
- Search for a relevant workshop job.
- Select the [Invoice Items] tab.
- Click [Add].
|At this point, the system is waiting for you to enter a "Stock Code", so it is from this point onwards that the import is the same wherever you are in Platinum.|
- Press <Alt+F6> - Add Pre-Built List. The items saved in the file will be loaded.
- If you have not stocked any of the items previously, you will see the Shadow File pop-up. Copy the items as usual.
- Check that the items loaded are correct.
Once you have successfully imported the file, it will be deleted to avoid you importing the items twice!