Using the Triumph EPC with Platinum
The following article explains how to transfer parts from Triumph Online into Platinum.
Go to " Reports & Settings Maintenance Options System Administrator Platinum Settings"
- Enter 'Triumph' in "Search on:"
- There are two settings to configure to specify the location of the EPC's output file.
- The "Import path" is the folder that Platinum will look in for the EPC's output file, 'C:\Triumph'.
- The "Import file" is the name of the file Platinum will look for inside the "Import path" set above, 'ORDER.TXT'.
|The EPC's output file will need to be in the same place on each machine that is using the link e.g. 'C:\Triumph\ORDER.TXT'|
Triumph EPC Operation
- Open up your internet browser and go to Triumph Online.
- Once you have logged in, click the <EPC> link at the top of the page.
- Select the bike model for which you wish to find parts.
- Locate the parts that you need, right-click with the mouse and in the "Req" field, indicate the quantity of parts you require.
- Click <Add to Basket>.
- Continue this process until you have all the items you need in the basket.
- Now click <Current Basket>.
- Before going any further, you need to give the basket a reference of your choice (this is not used within Platinum).
- Now click <Export Basket>.
- Save the file to 'C:\Triumph' and give it a filename of 'ORDER.TXT'.
- You can now close the basket as we are done with Triumph Online.
Having selected your parts and saved them into a file in the configured location, you can now import these parts into Platinum.
The import of the items can be done from any point in Platinum where you are adding Stock Codes, and the same method is used in all places.
This example uses Workshop to explain how it is done.
- Go to " Workshop Workshop Diary".
- Search for a relevant workshop job.
- Select the [Invoice Items] tab.
- Click [Add].
|At this point, the system is waiting for you to enter a "Stock Code", so it is from this point onwards that the import is the same wherever you are in Platinum.|
- Press <Alt+F6> - Add Pre-Built List. The items saved in the file will be loaded.
- If you have not stocked any of the items previously, you will see the Shadow File pop-up. Copy the items as usual.
- Check that the items loaded are correct.
Once you have successfully imported the file, it will be deleted to avoid you importing the items twice!