Using the Yamaha EPC with Platinum
This article explains how to transfer parts from the Yamaha EPC into Platinum.
If this facility is not already set up for you, Contact your Platinum dealer or our sales team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website sales contact page.
Yamaha EPC Operation
Once you are in the Yamaha EPC, there are various areas within Platinum that you can import directly into:
If this facility is not already set up for you, Contact your Platinum dealer or our sales team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website sales contact page
Once you have logged into the YPEC Portal:
- Click <Parts Catalogue> in the left hand pane.
- Search for the relevant model.
- In the table that opens up, click on the required <Model Name>.
A new window now opens up showing an exploded view of all the parts.
- Select the relevant section of the bike to list the parts available.
- Highlight the relevant part and right-click and select " Add to PickList."
- This adds the part to the picklist ready for exporting to Platinum.
- Continue adding any relevant parts until you have your required order.
- Now click [Save] and save the file to your computer, usually in the following location:
See the loading your parts list article to load your parts list into your invoice.
Having selected your parts and saved them into a file in the configured location, you can now import these parts into Platinum.
The import of the items can be done from any point in Platinum where you are adding Stock Codes, and the same method is used in all places.
This example uses Workshop to explain how it is done.
- Go to " Workshop Workshop Diary".
- Search for a relevant workshop job.
- Select the [Invoice Items] tab.
- Click [Add].
|At this point, the system is waiting for you to enter a "Stock Code", so it is from this point onwards that the import is the same wherever you are in Platinum.|
- Press <Alt+F6> - Add Pre-Built List. The items saved in the file will be loaded.
- If you have not stocked any of the items previously, you will see the Shadow File pop-up. Copy the items as usual.
- Check that the items loaded are correct.
Once you have successfully imported the file, it will be deleted to avoid you importing the items twice!