How do I create a dynamic E-Mail?
This article explains how to create a Dynamic Email Message. This is a message which you can customise to include data from Platinum.
Go to " Messages" at the top of Platinum on the " Task Bar" and then go to " HTML Manage Messages".
- Press <F6> or click the [Add] button.
- On the new screen that appears you will need to do the following:
- Give the Message a "Description:".
- Set the "From:" to 'Fixed text'.
- Enter an email address. (This will show when the message is received by recipient.)
- Set the "Subject:" to 'Fixed text'.
- Enter a subject for the email - e.g. Black Friday Special.
- If your organisation is configured to include images using Platinum O then you can do the following, else skip the next step or Contact your Platinum dealer or our sales team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website sales contact page.
- Leave the "Print rec.:" as '0' for the default print record.
- Do not set the "Recipients:" unless you have a report that will generate your contacts.
- Set 'Text source:' to 'Dynamic text'.
- Select the module where the report that will give the information is located. (An email message notifying customers by name that you have an invite only Black Friday sale on, would need to run from the Reports & Settings, so you would need to select 'Reports & Settings' in the drop down.)
- Enter the 'Code' for the report that contains the text, (e.g. '~BF'). The "Output" setting for the report needs to be set appropriately depending on the details that you are outputting. If you are outputting a single field or line of information, then this can be set to 'I' for Internal. If you want multiple lines of information from the report, then it should be set to 'F' for File. This will then output the message which you will be able to see before you send it.
If you do not have a report already then you will need to create one. For more information on creating a report see here or Contact your Platinum dealer or our sales team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website sales contact page to have a custom report written to your specification.
- How do I send an email from Platinum?
- How do I Assign an Email Address to a User?
- How do I send bulk email messages?
- How do I include images in emails?
- How do I create a dynamic SMS message?