How do I set up Platinum shortcuts on a new PC?
The following article explains how to install the shortcuts for Platinum Software onto a new PC.
To follow the steps in this article, you will need to have the machine in question attached to your network and a network drive mapped to the server with the same drive letter as the other PC's (e.g. Drive letter P: mapped to \\Server\Public). The same instructions will also work for a stand-alone PC, but the drive letter will be different, and in most cases, will be Drive C:.
- Browse your Network Drive (P:) and go into the 'SX' folder, then into the 'SXUTILS' folder.
- Find an icon that says 'SXSetup.exe' and left click it twice.
- This may ask you for the Platinum installation location. Enter it (e.g. P:\Sx) in the white box or use the [Browse...] button to find this and then once found click [Next].
- At "Welcome to the Platinum Setup Wizard", click the [No] button as you do not want to run an update at this stage.
- You will now see several options with tick boxes next to them. Click the square box next to "Install Platinum Shortcuts" and click [Next].
- The program will now install your Platinum Shortcuts.
- Click the [Close] button to finish.
- How do I get my PC's Platinum terminal ID?
- How do I activate my new Platinum terminal?
- Platinum Login Errors Explained
- How do I clear locked users?
- Why do I get "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your PC"?
- How can I pin a Platinum shortcut to my windows taskbar?