You can add files (PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, etc.) to your Stock, Units, Sales and Purchase accounts and more in Platinum.
You can attach many types of file to various records in your system.
|Files are backed up when you back up your data - excessively large files may slow down your back up procedure or fill your back up media.|
- Select the stock, unit, customer, supplier or job, etc. to which you want to add a file.
- Go to the "Media" tab.
- Press the [Add File] button.
- From the "Files of type" option choose the type of file that you want to add. You can currently choose from:
- 'Image Files'
- Many types of image files are supported, e.g. .jpg and .png.
- 'PDF/XPS Files'
- Scans or printout files.
- 'Document Files'
- Documents such as Microsoft Word files.
- 'Spreadsheet Files'
- Spreadsheets and workbooks such as Microsoft Excel files.
- 'Presentation Files'
- Presentation files such as Microsoft Powerpoint files.
- 'Audio Files'
- Compressed audio files such as .mp3 and .m4a files.
- You will now be asked for the location of the files to add (This location will be remembered for the next time you want to add a file).
- Select if you want to [Move] or [Copy] the file (This will be remembered for next time). If you choose [Move], the original file will be deleted.
- Choose the file.
- Your file will now be added to the end of the list.
See also another article specifically about adding pictures.
See also another article specifically about adding videos.
Platinum will show a preview of an attached file on screen if supported for that file type.
|Images, videos, PDFs, documents and spreadsheets can all usually be previewed, although for some files it depends on you having associated software installed on your PC.
You can send stored files as an email attachment.
|This requires the "SXMail" module to be installed. Contact your Platinum dealer or our sales team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website sales contact page if you don't have this in your system and would like to add it.|
- Select the stock, unit, customer, supplier or job, etc. which contains the file you want to email.
- Go to the "Media" tab.
- Find the file in the list.
- Press the [Email] button.
- This will bring up the "Send Email" window from which you can enter email address, subject and message etc. See How do I send an email from Platinum? for more information.
- From here you can preview the attached file and amend the name as it will appear in the email if required.
- Press [Send] to send the email.
- Adding pictures
- Adding videos
- How do I upload unit pictures from my phone or tablet?
- How do I upload stock pictures from my phone or tablet?