Hidden report generator columns
This article explains how to hide the results of a report column and how this can be useful.
A column with a "Position:" of '0' will not be included in the output of a report.
Why have a column on a report that is hidden?
- The value of a column can be used in another column using the column variable 'C??'.
- If you are using a variable that is time consuming to evaluate (e.g. Period totals) and you use it more than once on a line, having it stored in a hidden column and accessing that column would mean that time consuming variable would only be evaluated once.
- Report Generator functions
- Column types in the report generator
- How do I use calculation sequence?
- Why are there three report ranges?
- What is a report generator variable?
- Accessing the values of other columns.