How do I Set up Statuses for Purchase Orders?
This article will explain how to create and assign Statuses for Purchase Orders in Purchase Order Processing.
Creating a New Status
Go to " Purchase Order Processing Maintenance Options Add or Edit Statuses". This will bring up the search function for the current Purchase Order Statuses in Platinum.
- First search for the status that you want to create to make sure that it is not already in the system. To do this, enter the name of the status in the "Filter on:" and press <F2> or click [Search].
|If the Status appears in the list you can ignore the steps below, and use the status on the desired Purchase Order. If a message appears saying "No matching items found", you will need to create the order following the next few steps.|
- Click the [OK] button on the "No matching items found." prompt.
- Click the [Add] or press <F6> to create a new Status.
- In the "Purchase order status:" type a three digit code for the item you wish to add, then press <Enter>.
- In the "Description" type a description for the new status. e.g. 'Parts Ordered'.
- Click on the [Settings] tab to assign a colour to the status text.
- Click on the "Foreground:" field and press the <Down Arrow> key to cycle through the different coloured fonts, from numbers 1 to 16.
- Press <Esc> and click the [Accept] Button.
Applying a Status to a Order
Now that you have created a new Status you will be able to apply this to a Purchase order. In order to do this you will need to go to; " Purchase Order Processing Add or Edit Purchase Order"
- Enter the supplier account code, or search for the supplier. Press<Enter>.
- Select the order to apply the status to.
- Press <F5> to edit the order properties.
- Navigate to the "Stat:" prompt.
- Either type in the 'Status Code' or press <Ctrl+F1> to Search for the 'Status Code' or press <F1> and <Shift+F1> to cycle forwards and backwards through the 'Status Codes'.
- Once the code is chosen, simply press <Esc> to complete the process. Now the Order will be highlighted with a Status.