How do I reverse a Payment to a Supplier?
Sometimes it is necessary to reverse a payment e.g. if you have paid the wrong item or the cheque has been lost in the post.
Go into " Purchase Ledger Payments".
- At the "Supplier:", type in the supplier's code if known, or search for the supplier.
- Use the "Mode:" to select "All Documents".
- Select the document you want to reverse.
- To reverse a payment against an invoice press the <minus> key and then the amount to reverse (To reverse a payment against a credit note just enter the amount).
- Press [Done].
- Enter the date for the reversal, usually today.
- In the "Cheque no./Comment:" field, enter the cheque number or suitable comment.
- In the "Payment centre:", enter the centre to which the reversal is to go e.g. 'Z992 - Current Bank Account'.
- Press [Done] then choose [Accept]. You are now able to go back in and pay the invoice off with the new cheque or leave it unpaid until your next payment run.
- How do I See All Documents rather than just Outstanding?
- How do I reverse a payment on the sales ledger?
- How do I put a customer\supplier invoice on hold?
- How do I allocate a payment to an invoice?
- Paying suppliers