How do I get my eBay sales in to Platinum?
If you sell on eBay, you can have all of your eBay sales automatically created in Platinum Sales Order Processing, saving you the time of finding or creating customer records and letting you concentrate on the important business of sending goods to your valuable customers.
This new link builds on top of the proven Platinum O system that can allow sales from all of your e-commerce websites to be imported into your Sales Order Processing system, with a new interface that downloads your sales direct from eBay as they happen.
Contact your Platinum dealer or our sales team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website sales contact page to set up the eBay link into your system.
There is one crucial bit of setting up that you must do before you activate the link. This is to link your Platinum Stock Codes to your eBay items. If you don't do this first, the items on the the orders imported from eBay will be seen as new stock items and will be created on your system automatically with a stock code starting '~E'.
See How do I assign stock to my eBay listings? to create the links.
Your Platinum system may need one or more extra modules installing to enable the eBay link. These will most likely already be installed if you already receive orders from your own e-commerce website. Contact your Platinum dealer or our sales team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website sales contact page to check if your system has the required components.
Once your Platinum system has the necessary modules installed and the eBay link has been set up at our end (Contact your Platinum dealer or our support team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website support contact page to check or perform this), a step that you must do yourself is to make the actual link to your eBay account.
- Start Platinum.
- Go to " Reports & Settings Maintenance Options Platinum O and Catalyst FindIt Online Control Panel". This will take you to your Catalyst online control panel.
- Click Manage: " eBay". Contact your Platinum dealer or our support team on 0116 230 1500 or by using our website support contact page if this option is not present because the initial set-up is not yet complete.
- Now click " Grant or renew permission for Catalyst to access your eBay account..."
- From here follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to your eBay account and give permission for Catalyst to access your eBay account.
|When you sign in you should note that you are on the eBay website and that Catalyst never know what your eBay password is.|
If you have the Web Daemon module installed then eBay sales will be downloaded to your Platinum system as soon as they are received by our servers.
Without this, you must check for orders manually by entering the " Add or Edit Sales Orders" or " Process Sales Orders" options.
In either case, if Platinum detects an order from a customer which it thinks, but is not sure, might be an existing customer in your Platinum system, then you will need to confirm this. For more information, see How do I review new web customers?
eBay Managed Payments
As of December 2020 eBay are moving customers onto their new managed payments scheme. Any payments that are taken with orders are sent into Platinum under an umbrella term of managed payments. All payments with orders will continue to populate your nominated payment centre as set in your system defaults. See this article for more information.
- What should I do when I change my eBay Password?
- Why are my eBay Sales not Appearing in Platinum?
- How do I assign stock to my eBay listings?
- How are eBay shipping costs imported?
- How do I show a Credit/Refund on eBay in Platinum?
- How do I review new web customers?
- How do I configure defaults for my online orders?