Taking a Parts Deposit
The following article explains how to take a deposit for a part that needs to be ordered.
Go to " Counter Operations\Stock Control Point of Sale".
- Add the required items to the screen in the usual way.
|Items not available to sell are marked with an '*' in the 'Order' column and highlighted in a different colour. These items will have zero or a minus quantity in the 'Free Stock' field.|
- Once all items have been added, click [Checkout] to continue. Any items that are out of stock will be put on order and stamped with the 'Reference' that you see here.
- Once you are happy with the amount and reference, click the [Confirm] button. This will take you to the usual payment screen allowing you to complete the transaction by clicking [Post]. This will then print a deposit receipt for the customer.
- Selling parts over the counter
- Selling stock at point of sale
- Selling stock in Invoicing and Customer Orders
- How do I Refund a Stock Deposit?