Our software updates are available to everyone with a current maintenance contract for their copy of Platinum Software. (Software Rentals include all software updates.)
- You can easily check on how up to date your Platinum system is by checking here.
|If you let your maintenance lapse, you are missing out on our constant development process.
- See this list for the latest developments in Platinum.
|These download instructions are written based on ' Microsoft Internet Explorer'. You may find slight differences in this procedure if you are using an alternative Browser e.g. In ' Google Chrome' or ' Mozilla Firefox' how\where your downloads are stored may differ from these instructions slightly.|
Use the " Help Software Support Download Latest Version" from within Platinum to get to this page.
- Click the Platinum icon to the left to download the latest version of our Platinum DMS.
- If you have a "Save As" window then use the browser to choose 'Desktop' and click [Save].
|If you are using an alternate Browser (e.g. ' Google Chrome' or ' Mozilla Firefox') this will automatically download to your 'Downloads' folder.|
- The download should take anything between '3 seconds' and '3 minutes' depending on the speed of your Internet connection, and should be around '13Mb'.
Running the Update
|It is important if your system has Payroll installed and there has been a change to the Tax Rates mid way through the month, that your Platinum update should be run at the Start of a new payroll period in all cases except the Payroll Year end update.|
|VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION - To run an update from the downloaded file make sure ALL users including you are out of Platinum.|
- Double click the 'platwin.exe' icon on your desktop.
- Click [Yes] to update your software.
- When the update has finished choose [Close] then read the changes displayed on your screen.
Troubleshooting Warning Messages
Occasionally when running an update the system will give you an error message and stop you going any further until the issue is resolved. This section helps you solve the most common Platinum update issues.
Update Should be Run on Server PC
|If you get a message when running the update headed "Platinum for Windows" that says "In order to update certain Platinum files, please run this update again on the server PC" it means the Platinum system needs to update or convert some important Platinum files. As such this update will need to be run on your Server or Main PC, (i.e. the PC where Platinum is stored). After the update is finished it is important you log into Platinum to trigger any conversion processes which will automatically start and can be left running. Conversions can take some time depending on the size of the files in question.|
Users logged in to Platinum
|If you get any error messages referring to "Files in use" this means the system believes there are still people in Platinum.
Make sure no users have gone back into the system by using the " Reports & Settings User Monitor Screen" option.
- For more detailed help on how to do this click here.
Click here to see what's new in Platinum.
- Use the RSS news feed on the 'What's New' page to keep up date with the latest developments in our software.
- You can see the last ten modifications to Platinum from your login screen.
- Download the WebDaemon to install or update your Web Daemon add-on service.
Thank you for using our Knowledge Base, we value your feedback. Did you find this article useful? 'Yes'