Getting started - Order Processing
Purpose of the module
The Order Processing module allows you to store, track and process customer and supplier orders. It acts as your method for bringing goods into stock via Purchase Ordering, and provides you with the repository for your customer orders via Sales Ordering so that they can be tracked and either retrieved into other parts of Platinum such as the Workshop or Stock Control or processed for picking, delivery and invoicing for retail, trade, wholesale, web/internet or eBay sales in its own right.
Initial Setup - Creating Order Statuses
- Though there are standard order statuses already set up in your Platinum system, you can add your own. See How do I Set up Statuses for Sales Orders? and How do I Set up Statuses for Purchase Orders? for details.
Creating Sales and Purchase Orders
- Creating Sales or Purchase orders in Platinum is a quick and simple process. See Creating a Stock Sales Order for details on creating customer orders and Creating a purchase order for help on creating orders to bring your stock in from suppliers.
Processing Sales and Purchase Orders
- See Processing a Sales Order for sales orders and Processing a Purchase Order or How do I receive stock by barcode? for details on how to process your orders (e.g. receiving orders, confirming them or printing delivery notes for them. You can also click here for additional help on the column headings.
Searching for Existing Orders
- How do I set a default delivery address?
- How do I Split an Order Item?
- How do I transfer items out of the POP Account?
- Dealing with backorders in point of sale